HOUSTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERClick for a Free Consultation
Passenger Claims and Car Accidents
Car Accidents Attorney Houston Texas Baumgartner Law Firm
Did Texting and Driving Hurt You?
Why Should You Hire a Real Trial Lawyer?
In Texas, the burden of proof in a car accident lawsuit rests upon the injured victim who brought the lawsuit to court. First, your personal injury attorney must prove responsibility or liability for who caused the crash or the injuries and damages of their client. Then, if the case can not be settled reasonably, a Texas jury will determine legal damages for the personal injury or wrongful death sustained in the car accident.
What are Legal Damages for Car Accidents in Houston?
The following are general categories of damages in car accident injury claims in Texas:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Mental Anguish
A skilled attorney will look to utilize the following in a personal injury lawsuit for damages
- Medical records documenting treatment and injuries
- Medical bills showing the cost of necessary care caused by car crash
- Lost wage calculations from employers
- Medical professionals’ testimony about the injuries caused by the negligence of the other driver
- Doctor testimony regarding diagnosis, prognosis, and the cause of the injuries sustained in the car crash.
- Lifecare planners for those with catastrophic injuries requiring medical damages for a lifetime
- Friends and family members who may testify about the impact of the traffic accident on their loved one or friend
What if I Have a Preexisting Injury?
One of the favorite defenses for many auto insurance company lawyers is to claim the crash did not cause the injury because the injury was “preexisting“. However, victims can still recover damages to already existing injuries if they can prove the collision aggravated the injury or made it worse.
As an example, say you had back surgery some years ago but the condition did not bother you anymore. Yet, after the crash, your back started hurting again and you were required to seek medical help. In this situation, the car wreck might have not caused the back problem, but clearly aggravated it.
Consult with an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney in Houston
Our Houston car accident lawyers are skilled at helping car accident victims seek and recover maximum compensation for the injuries they sustained in the crash. Call (281) 587-1111 for a FREE consultation on an injury accident!
- What information should I have available for my consultation with a car accident lawyer?
- What should I do right after a car accident?
- How is a typical car accident investigation conducted?
- What damages are available for car accident injuries?
- Damages for a wrongful death car accident
- The most common causes of car accidents in Houston
- The most common types of car accidents in Houston
- Common Houston car wreck injuries
- Can I get medical treatment if I don’t have health insurance?
- What does it cost to hire the best lawyer for my Houston car accident?
- What is the statute of limitations in Texas?
- How much is the average car accident settlement?
- Is the insurance company settlement offer for my car accident fair?
- How long does a car accident lawsuit take in Houston?
- Rear End Car Accident Lawyer in Houston, TX
- How Do I Get Insurance Information in Texas After an Accident If the Other Driver Won’t Give It to Me?
- What is the average value of a semi-truck settlement?
- How to Negotiate a Car Accident Injury Claim Without a Lawyer
- How to Value Your Car When It’s a Total Loss
- Were You A Passenger During a Serious Car Accident?
- Car Accidents Attorney Houston Texas Baumgartner Law Firm
- Did Texting and Driving Hurt You?
- Why Should You Hire a Real Trial Lawyer?
“I didn’t have a high opinion of attorneys until I met Greg Baumgartner. His sense of ethics and fairness is outstanding. If you need an advocate, someone to protect your rights and fight for you, I would recommend you turn to the Baumgartner Law Firm. You will not find a more honest, authentic group of people who have your best interests at heart.”