While some injuries are unavoidable, others stem from the negligence of others. Either way, an injury can disrupt your life, leaving you with excruciating pain and piles of unpaid medical bills. Fortunately, our Humble personal injury lawyer can help you recover the compensation you deserve.
Statistically speaking, millions of Americans get injured every year. According to the Centers for Disease Control, an estimated 24.8 million people in the United States visit a doctor’s office for unintentional injuries. These injuries range from sprains and strains to head trauma and spinal cord injuries.
When an injury occurs, it can affect your life and the lives of those around you. If your injury is serious enough, it may impede your ability to work, provide for your family, and live the life you once enjoyed. Our lawyers at Baumgartner Law Firm can help you navigate the complex legal process and pursue the compensation you need to get back financially and physically.
Baumgartner Law Firm has been recognized for its commitment to achieving client goals by many prestigious organizations, such as Martindale Hubble, Newsweek, Texas Super Lawyers, Lead Counsel Rated, and others. For 35+ years, we have dedicated our careers to helping injury victims secure the compensation they deserve.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Since 1985, Baumgartner Law Firm has limited our law practice to serious personal injury cases. Our legal team has won maximum compensation for thousands of accident victims and recovered millions of dollars for real people like you. The practice areas we focus on are the following:
- Auto & Car Accidents
- Catastrophic and Severe Injuries
- Construction Site Accidents
- Daycare Negligence & Child Injury
- Dram Shop Lawsuits
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Lyft Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Personal Injury
- Truck Accidents
- Uber Accidents
- Work Injury
- Wrongful Death
As compassionate injury attorneys serving Texas, our hearts go out to anyone struggling with traumatic life changes brought about by an unexpected injury. We understand the immense challenges you may be facing and can help you seek the compensation you need to improve your physical health and regain financial stability.
How to Prove a Personal Injury Case
The concept of “negligence” is the key part of most personal injury cases. A person is negligent when they fail to act with reasonable care. You must prove that the other party was negligent to win your personal injury case. This can be shown by establishing four elements:
- Duty- The other party owed you a duty of care.
- Breach- That party breached the duty by failing to act as a reasonable person.
- Causation– The breach caused your injury.
Example: A victim suffers injuries in a car accident. All motorists are responsible for other road users (the first element). The negligent motorist ran a red light and hit the victim’s car. The motorist did not obey traffic laws (the second element), and their actions led to the crash that caused the victim’s injuries (the third element) and resulted in medical expenses and other damages (the fourth element).
Recoverable Damages in Personal Injury Cases
Through a personal injury claim, you can demand compensation for your damages. The term “damages” refers to the financial compensation the negligent party owes to the injured party for causing harm, according to the American Bar Association (ABA). As a victim, you can seek compensation for the following:
- Economic damages are any direct expenses and losses the victim has incurred due to the negligent party’s conduct. These damages, which can easily be quantified, include medical expenses, lost wages, property damages, diminished earning capacity, and others.
- Non-economic damages refer to losses that do not have a specific monetary value. Non-economic damages may include emotional trauma, pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of consortium, loss of enjoyment of life, and more.
- The court awards Punitive damages in rare cases, particularly when the defendant demonstrates especially negligent or egregious conduct. Rather than compensating the injury victim, this category of damages is intended to punish the negligent party and deter similar behavior in the future.
In Texas, punitive damages are called “exemplary damages” and can be awarded in cases where the party that caused injuries acted with malice, gross negligence, or fraud (Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code § 41.003).
Humble Personal Injury Lawyer FAQs
If you have been injured, consider contacting a lawyer as soon as possible. Timing is crucial in personal injury cases. The sooner you start working with a lawyer, the better your chances of success.
Determining liability is not always straightforward when someone is injured. There may be insufficient evidence of fault, or multiple parties may share responsibility for the accident. A skilled lawyer can examine the facts of your unique case to identify all potentially liable parties.
Sometimes, the injured victim may share some degree of fault for their injury. Even if that’s the case, the injured person may still be entitled to compensation under the proportionate responsibility law in Texas. However, under Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code § 33.001, your percentage of fault must be 50 or less to be eligible for compensation.
It is impossible to estimate the value of a personal injury case without closely examining all the facts surrounding the accident. Generally, the case’s worth depends on the severity of the victim’s injury, its long-term effects, and its interference with the victim’s life.
In Texas, people injured in accidents due to the negligence of others generally have up to two years to file a lawsuit against the negligent party (Tex. Civ. Prac. & Rem. Code § 16.003). However, you must speak to a personal injury lawyer about your specific case to determine the time limits involved.
If your injuries are other than minor, you should speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Humble. Sometimes, people trying to handle an injury case on their own may make mistakes in handling the case, resulting in a low settlement.
We charge no money up-front to take on your case. We also advance necessary costs to move your case forward. Only when a case is resolved are we paid a percentage of the recovery and reimbursed out-of-pocket expenses.
Some things are vital for proving a strong compensation case. Here are some things you can do to help:
- Get medical help for your injuries and follow up with care as your doctors recommend.
- Keep all paperwork and evidence related to the case.
- Document your lost wages and other expenses.
- Hire the best, Humble injury attorney.
Why Choose Baumgartner Law Firm? It’s Simple.
With a Humble personal injury lawyer on your side, you can give yourself the best chance of recovering the compensation you need to get better and be made financially whole again. But you do not want to hire just any lawyer. You deserve the best legal representation, which is why you might want to choose Baumgartner Law Firm for our:
- Experience. We have 35+ years of experience helping injured victims and their families throughout Texas.
- We have a proven track record of success. As you can see from our Case Results page, we have won numerous multi-million-dollar cases.
- Client-centered approach. We are committed to providing each client with the attention and care they deserve because we see a client as a person, not just another case number.
- Recognition. Our law firm has received recognition and multiple awards for our superb results and commitment to excellence in the legal profession.
- Trusted service. As you can see from the testimonials of our previous clients, our law firm is a trusted name, and our clients know they can always rely on us.
- Dedication to justice. For us, personal injury law is not just about compensation – it’s about justice.
- No-free guarantee. When working with our lawyer, you pay us nothing unless we make a recovery for you.
- Free consultations. We provide free initial consultations because everyone should have an opportunity to get legal advice during this difficult time.
At Baumgartner Law Firm, our standard is to provide each client with the highest quality representation. We understand what you are going through and will work hard to advocate for the full compensation you deserve.
Medical and Emergency Resources for Humble, Texas Injury Victims
If you’ve been in an accident and need medical care, here is a list of local healthcare providers and emergency room centers.
Local Hospitals in Humble, TX
18951 N Memorial Dr, Humble, TX 77338
1475 Farm to Market 1960 Bypass Rd E, Humble, TX 77338
9950 Memorial Blvd, Humble, TX 77338
Humble, TX Emergency Rooms
19211 McKay Dr, Humble, TX 77338
Baumgartner Law Firm: Trusted Humble Personal Injury Lawyers
Facing the aftermath of a personal injury can be a daunting and overwhelming experience. Not only do you have to deal with the pain, emotional trauma, and mounting medical bills, but you also have to navigate the complex legal landscape. Our Humble personal injury lawyer can take the stress of the legal process off your shoulders so you can concentrate on your recovery.
When working with Baumgartner Law Firm, you can feel confident that your case is in capable hands. Our law firm boasts over three decades of experience advocating for injured victims throughout Texas. With millions of dollars recovered for our clients, we are ready to fight for the justice you deserve. Schedule your free consultation today by calling (281) 587-1111 or visit our contact page.