Conroe Car Accident LawyerClick for a Free Consultation
Truck Accident Litigation - Baumgartner Law Firm
What Are Punitive Damages?
Were You A Passenger During a Serious Car Accident?
Why Should You Hire a Real Trial Lawyer?
Texas has almost 16 million licensed drivers. This number is more than the combined state populations of 14 states, (Idaho, West Virginia, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Maine, Montana, Rhode Island, Delaware, South Dakota, North Dakota, Alaska, District of Columbia Vermont, and Wyoming.) Since November 7, 2000, Texas has not had a day without a traffic fatality, (The Community Impact newspaper)
Information from the Texas Department of Transportation(TxDOT) tells us in the calendar year 2019:
- 1 person was killed every 2 hours 26 minutes
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 3 seconds
- 1 reportable crash occurred every 56 seconds
If your family is impacted by a car accident call the Baumgartner Law Firm at 281-587-1111 for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation. We have been helping Montgomery County folks following a motor vehicle accident for more than 35 years!
Driving in and around Conroe, and Montgomery County is risky business. The increasing population and our proximity to Houston leave our friends and neighbors susceptible to serious or fatal injuries from car accidents.
Posted March 9, 2021, by the Courier of Montgomery County
“After February saw at least four dead in one week in three crashes, the past seven days are proving just as deadly as Montgomery County authorities on Tuesday disclosed two additional fatalities. A driver and a pedestrian died in separate crashes Monday and Thursday, respectively, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.”
Financial Recovery from A Car Accident
Depending on the extent of injuries, and the circumstances of the accident, financial compensation may be possible for victims of an automobile accident. Items that may be compensable include:
- Lost income
- Loss of work benefits including commissions, vacation time, bonuses, promotions
- Automobile repairs
- Loss of future earning potential
- Loss of personal property
- Emergency medical bills
- Past, present, and future medical expenses
- Necessary adaptive equipment
- Physical and occupational therapy costs
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Hospitalization and surgical costs
- Diagnostic tests
- Home health care
- Travel expenses if needed for medical treatments
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral and burial costs
Unanticipated Collateral Damages
Entire families are often subjected to extreme lifestyle changes when a member is injured due to another person’s negligence. When there is a dramatic shift in the family dynamic the complications of a car accident are exacerbated. It may be possible to seek financial compensation for collateral damages. For example:
- It is possible to see an increase in automobile insurance costs
- Cash flow problems following an accident may negatively impact a person’s credit rating
- Personal and professional relationships may suffer
- Victims can experience a loss of interest in activities they once enjoyed
- Often physical limitations prevent a victim from performing normal daily activities
- Emotional damage (anxiety, fear, PTSD) following the trauma of an accident can become debilitating
The Conroe personal injury lawyers at The Baumgartner Law Firm pledge to fight relentlessly to help Conroe accident victims obtain the best possible financial compensation for their losses. We have the determination and resources to thoroughly evaluate the circumstances of each accident to determine liability and hold those responsible accountable.
Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents
Safe driving mandates targeted focus, attention, and awareness, cognition, and manual dexterity. Unquestionably, human error plays a significant role in the number of car accidents throughout Texas. Injuries caused by human error are preventable and compensable.
Accidents Caused by Human Error
Accidents Caused by Medical Conditions
There are many medical conditions that can leave a driver with a propensity to being responsible for an automobile accident, such as:
- Visual impairments
- Seizure disorders
- Cardiac conditions
- Parkinson’s disease
Accidents Caused by Environmental Issues
- Wet and slippery roads
- Sunshine glare
- Heavy rain
- Poor roadway designs
- Broken or damaged signs or signals
- Debris on the road
Accidents Caused by Vehicle Defects or Poor Maintenance
- Defective brakes
- Worn or defective tires
- Defective windshield wipers
- Broken headlights or turn signals
- Lack of proper maintenance
Automobile and automotive parts manufacturers can be held accountable for injuries and damage caused by poor design or defective parts. Millions of motor vehicles are recalled every year, typically only after many individuals have been injured due to the defective part. Be proactive and use this interactive site provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety to see if your auto is on the list.
When Technology Takes Over
The societal benefits of automated and crash avoidance technology cannot be disputed. In a perfect world these trendy and innovative devices can help a driver:
- Maintain a lane
- Prevent a rear-end accident
- Eliminate backing into an object or person
- Ease into a parking space safely
- Stay alert
Frequently, however, these special features predispose a driver, especially elderly drivers and teens or novice drivers, to causing an accident. Automated systems can be both confusing and scary to those drivers who have not been sufficiently trained in their use, and those who may not understand exactly what will spontaneously trigger the device.
Types of Car Accidents
- Rear Impact Collisions: occur when one vehicle hits the vehicle in front of it
- Head-On Collisions: happens when one vehicle hits the front of another vehicle
- Side Impact Collisions: A.K.A. “T-bone” accidents, result when the front of one vehicle crashes into the side of another car
If You Were Hurt in a Car Accident in Conroe, Call Baumgartner Law Firm to Help!
Regardless of the reason for the accident, or the type of collision you were involved in, determining fault and proving negligence requires the help of a personal injury attorney with an extensive background in motor vehicle accidents, We have an impressive history of success in helping clients recover the best possible compensation. If your family has suffered physical, financial, and social damages as the result of another person’s actions, you have an absolute right to recovery. Contact us today. We are here to help.
(281) 587-1111 Never a Charge for an Injury Accident Consultation!