HOUSTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERClick for a Free Consultation
The most common types of car accidents in Houston
A car accident attorney will usually evaluate your claim based upon liability first. While every case is unique, but there are some common denominators for each type of car accident in Houston.
Below are common kinds of car crashes we see in Houston.
Rear-end collisions happen most often when a vehicle is stopped for a traffic signal or traffic. Nevertheless, many rear-end accidents occur when both vehicles are moving. Usually, a driver is distracted or not paying attention when a rear-end crash happens. On interstate highways of Texas, during busy times, extra caution is required to avoid the dreaded sudden stop rear-end car accident. In Texas, the law requires drivers to follow at “an assured clear distance” that allows a driver to stop safely without impacting the vehicle in front of them. A significant number of personal injury lawsuits stemming from car crashes are attributable to rear-end collisions.
Head-on car crashes
The head-on collision usually results in severe injuries because both of the vehicles are traveling in opposing directions when the crash happens. The higher the speed, the greater the chances for catastrophic injuries or fatalities. Our firm has seen many of these types of cases during hurricane events. Another common scenario for a head-on car wreck is when a driver crosses the line due to distraction, or perhaps, intoxication. Beyond that, this type of collision can happen when a driver is not familiar with the area and turns into a one-way street going the wrong direction.
T-bone car accidents
T-bone car accidents can be particularly dangerous. Usually it is the person closest to the impact zone that suffers the greatest injuries. Most frequently, a T-bone crash happens when one of the drivers was negligent and disregarded a traffic signal or stop sign. These types of crashes often involve speeds that lead to catastrophic injuries. Eyewitnesses can be incredibly important for winning a T-bone accident case. The sooner you retain a leading car accident attorney, the better odds you have of an exceptional outcome.
Sideswipe crashes happen when a driver is careless in changing lanes. The law in Texas requires a driver to ensure that they can make a lane change safely. Most of the time, the at-fault driver did not see the other vehicle. Occasionally, a sideswipe crash can happen because a big truck driver did not want to wait for the other vehicle to allow room. As in other car accident claims, eyewitnesses are incredibly important.
Rollover accidents usually involve high speeds or a combination of high speeds and other events such as a sharp curve, defective vehicle, or tire blowout. The lower the center of gravity of your car, the less chance of a rollover accident. Conversely, the higher the center of gravity of the vehicle you are operating, the more likely it is that you will be involved with a rollover. Eighteen-passenger vans and SUVs are often most susceptible to rollover.
With the rise in popularity of rideshare platforms, such as Uber and Lyft, injuries while utilizing these services are becoming commonplace. Whether you are a passenger in a rideshare vehicle, a driver for Uber or Lyft, or struck by a rideshare vehicle, the same rules of the road apply. Rideshare accidents required a specific evaluation of insurance policies that may provide liability coverage for personal injury compensation. An investigation will include whether the company’s insurance policy applies, which can depend on whether the driver was committed to a ride when the collision occurred.
The main factor in motorcycle incidents involves failure to see the motorcycle rider. The higher the traffic, the less chance there is of seeing a motorcyclist. Motorcycle collisions typically involve broken bones, head injuries, or worse because of the lack of a physical barrier between the rider and the other vehicle. Wearing protective gear such as leather and a helmet, together with increased visibility of colorful clothing, can help prevent a motorcycle crash.
Big rigs and tractor-trailers have blind spots that are significantly large. Even a cautious trucker can cause an accident by not being patient in checking their mirrors. The blind spots for these big trucks are on either side of the truck and immediately in front of and directly behind the trailer. Additionally, there are many rear-end big rig crashes caused by the increased stopping distance for the semi-truck. Big rig accidents will always require a truck accident attorney.
- What information should I have available for my consultation with a car accident lawyer?
- What should I do right after a car accident?
- How is a typical car accident investigation conducted?
- What damages are available for car accident injuries?
- Damages for a wrongful death car accident
- The most common causes of car accidents in Houston
- The most common types of car accidents in Houston
- Common Houston car wreck injuries
- Can I get medical treatment if I don’t have health insurance?
- What does it cost to hire the best lawyer for my Houston car accident?
- What is the statute of limitations in Texas?
- How much is the average car accident settlement?
- Is the insurance company settlement offer for my car accident fair?
- How long does a car accident lawsuit take in Houston?
- Rear End Car Accident Lawyer in Houston, TX
- How Do I Get Insurance Information in Texas After an Accident If the Other Driver Won’t Give It to Me?
- What is the average value of a semi-truck settlement?
- How to Negotiate a Car Accident Injury Claim Without a Lawyer
- Value Your Car When It’s Totaled
- How to Value Your Car When It’s a Total Loss
- Were You A Passenger During a Serious Car Accident?
- Car Accidents Attorney Houston Texas Baumgartner Law Firm
- Did Texting and Driving Hurt You?
- Why Should You Hire a Real Trial Lawyer?
“I didn’t have a high opinion of attorneys until I met Greg Baumgartner. His sense of ethics and fairness is outstanding. If you need an advocate, someone to protect your rights and fight for you, I would recommend you turn to the Baumgartner Law Firm. You will not find a more honest, authentic group of people who have your best interests at heart.”