With over 65,000 auto accidents a year, Houston has the highest number of collisions in Texas. If you were seriously injured in an auto accident in Southeast Houston that was caused by a negligent driver, you may not know where to turn or how to proceed with your claim. During this difficult time, you must contact a car accident lawyer in Southeast Houston, at Baumgartner Law Firm.
If you’re out of work and struggling to make ends meet, due to the injuries you suffered in the auto accident, now is the time to take legal action. We’ve served the people of Southeast Houston and the surrounding areas for over 35 years. With our skills, resources, and experience, you can rest assured that our legal team will work tirelessly to build a strong case that will hold the negligent driver accountable for your physical, financial, and emotional damages.
You Need a Strong, Experienced Houston Car Accident Lawyer In Your Corner
After a motor vehicle wreck, life can be filled with many challenges, especially if your injuries have affected your quality of life and prevented you from returning to work. Filing a personal injury claim may seem like a straightforward process, but dealing with never-ending paperwork, aggressive insurance adjusters, and gathering evidence to prove the other driver was negligent, can be overwhelming and confusing for anyone without personal injury law experience.
Hiring an attorney is the first step in the right direction. An auto accident lawyer will have your best interest in mind. Not only will you have peace of mind knowing that your claim is being handled by a legal professional, but you will be able to focus on what matters the most, your recovery and your family.
Southeast Houston Car Accident Injury Lawyers Can Protect Your Claim and Handle Aggressive Claims Adjusters
The Baumgartner Law Firm is Southeast Houston car accident lawyers.
You must contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an accident to protect your claim and your legal rights. Once the other driver’s insurance company has been notified of the accident, they will call you to get your side of the story. A claims adjuster will request to record your statement and can use this recording against you, should you say something that can potentially harm your claim.
During your conversation with the insurance adjuster, once you have finished explaining your side of the story, they will ask question after question. These questions are meant to confuse you and trick you into admitting fault. The insurance adjuster’s other goal is to get you to admit you were not seriously injured. A claims adjuster is a trained negotiator whose objective is to deny a claim or pay an accident victim as little as possible. We also are known as one of the best Houston truck accident lawyers.
Before you speak with a claims adjuster, you must contact a personal injury lawyer. An auto accident lawyer can protect your claim by taking over all communications with the insurance company. If you must provide a statement, your attorney will be right by your side to help you through this stressful process and ensure you don’t accidentally harm your claim
Call For A Free Consultation
How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
Hiring a personal injury lawyer at Baumgartner Law Firm can change everything. Not only will you be free to focus on your recovery and ongoing medical treatment, but you’ll have experienced, knowledgeable attorneys in your corner who know how to investigate a motor vehicle crash, and build the strongest case possible to hold the negligent driver accountable for the harm they have caused.
When you hire an auto accident lawyer at our firm, they can:
- Visit the accident scene to gather evidence
- Gather additional evidence, such as your medical records, billing statements, vehicle repair estimates, video surveillance footage (if available), obtain a copy of the police report, etc.
- Conduct a thorough investigation
- File all of the required paperwork correctly and on time
- Guide you through the legal process, every step of the way
- Provide reliable and knowledgeable legal advice
- Work with experts, such as accident reconstructionists, lifecare planners, private investigators, and economists to accurately value your claim and prove liability
- Handle all interactions with the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement
- File a personal injury lawsuit if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement
- Present your case before a judge and jury to help you win the award you deserve
Why Auto Accident Victims Choose Us
Damages in an Auto Accident Claim
If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident in Southeast Houston, you may be entitled to damages, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future medical bills
- Emotional distress
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Loss of quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
- And other types of damages
An auto accident lawyer will work with experts to accurately value your claim to help you receive the compensation needed to cover the cost of all accident-related losses, including economic and non-economic damages. The damages you’re entitled to can depend on many variables, such as:
- Your age
- The severity of your injuries
- Your prognosis
- How the accident and subsequent injuries have impacted your life
- Your percentage of fault
- Whether you can return to work
- And other factors.
Settlement Negotiations with the Insurance Company
After they have investigated your accident and spoken with experts, including your treating physicians, to determine the accurate value of your damages, your personal injury attorney will send a settlement demand package to the insurance company. In most cases, an attorney will ask for much more than what your claim is worth, as a starting point for negotiations. An insurance company will review the offer and will make a counteroffer. This process can take several weeks or months. During this time, your attorney will continue to handle all interactions with the insurance company, preventing them from contacting you with pushy settlement offers.
We know that receiving a fair settlement can give you the financial security you need during this uncertain time, which is why it’s pivotal that you contact us as soon as possible after a traffic accident. When you work with our personal injury law firm, you will have peace of mind knowing that your legal claim is in the hands of experienced personal injury lawyers that have the skills and resources needed to build a case that will hold the liable parties responsible and prove your right to compensation.
Download Your Free Houston Car Accident Checklist
We created this handy checklist to help accident victims when they need it most.
Print and keep a copy in your wallet or glovebox so you’ll know exactly what to do in the critical moments immediately following a car wreck.
Texas Car Accidents Facts: Did You Know?
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 1 person was killed every 2 hours 15 minutes and 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 34 seconds on Texas roadways in 2020. Here are a few other car accidents facts you need to know:
Contact Baumgartner Law Firm Today to Schedule a Free Consultation
If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident in Southeast Houston, you must seek legal representation as soon as possible to pursue the compensation you deserve. At Baumgartner Law Firm, our car accident lawyers have helped the good citizens of Houston and the surrounding areas receive financial compensation for their medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages. We understand how stressful life can be after a serious auto accident and how important it is to help you obtain the compensation needed to make you financially whole. We will go above and beyond to make that happen. When you work with our legal team, you’ll have reliable, strong, experienced legal guidance you can trust. Contact our law office today to schedule a no-obligation, free consultation with one of our attorneys and find out how the Baumgartner Law Firm can help you pursue compensation and the justice you deserve.
Baumgartner Law Firm
6711 Cypress Creek Pkwy
Houston, TX 77069
- When you hire a lawyer for your car accident, you’re more likely to win and walk away with more money.
- With a car accident lawyer by your side, you’ll have someone to protect your rights and your claim when the negligent driver starts to blame you.
- A Southeast Houston auto accident attorney with experience knows how to conduct an in-depth investigation and will gather and analyze evidence to build the strongest case possible.
- You’ll have protection against the insurance company’s pressure to settle for less than you deserve. If an insurance company continues to pressure you, refer them to your lawyer.
- You can simply focus on your recovery and ensure you’ll have the resources to do it.
- You won’t have to deal directly with the insurance claims adjuster, your lawyer will handle all interactions, including phone calls, mail communication, and settlement negotiations.
- Car accident lawyers have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies. A car accident lawyer at our firm is familiar with the strategy secrets and tactics insurance companies will attempt to use to limit payout or deny a claim. A lawyer at our firm will not allow an insurance company to take advantage of you or intimidate you. A lawyer will know what your claim is worth and will not settle for less.
- Because a Southeast Houston car accident attorney will handle all communications with the insurance company, you won’t have to worry that you’ll do or say something that could harm your claim. A lawyer will guide you through this process and advise you on what to do and what not to do. For example, a lawyer will explain the importance of not posting anything about the injury or car accident on social media and explain the real possibility that the insurance company has hired someone to access your social media accounts, even if you have set your accounts to private. A lawyer will discourage you from posting anything that could harm your claim, such as photos of lifting a child or participating in physically demanding activities. An insurance company can use these posts and photos to prove you are not as injured from the car accident as you say you are.
A Southeast Houston lawyer will stand by your side throughout this complex legal process, guiding you every step of the way. The personal injury lawyers at our firm have built a reputation for fighting for our clients and ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve. Baumgartner Law Firm has recovered scores of 6- and 7-figure results, and all Texas car accident claims are handled on a contingency fee basis. We only get paid if you win!
- Texas law requires the officer to file a police report if someone is hurt or killed in a car wreck, or if there is more than $1,000 in property damage.
- Often you are in an accident and call the police, but after an hour they still haven’t arrived. This forces you to exchange information with the other driver and leave the accident scene. Officers not showing up timely to a crash site is a problem in Houston and across Harris County.
However, if an officer does not show up at the scene, a report will not be filed. In Texas, you may file a Driver’s Crash Report (CR-2) online on the TxDOT website.
- physical therapy
- medical treatment and care for the injured person
- medical equipment
- bodily injury
- recovery process
- medical specialist appointments and services
- on-going medical care and outpatient care
- ongoing expenses
- chiropractic treatment
Texas courts don’t use the multiplier method to calculate pain and suffering. However, insurance companies may use a variation of the method. The multiplier method first takes your medical bills, then multiplies the number by the factor and adds in proven lost wages. You may also be eligible for out-of-pocket costs and property damage – even if the insurance company tries to deny these claims or offer a lower amount than you deserve.
- How bad is the property damage? Was it a severe impact or a fender bender?
- What are the treating physicians saying about your diagnosis and prognosis?
- Was there any delay in receiving medical attention?
- What are the objective findings in medical testing?
- What were the circumstances surrounding the accident? Was drunk driving a factor?
- Was a commercial vehicle involved?
- Is long-term medical care necessary?
- What is the insurance coverage for the at-fault driver?
- Did you give a recorded statement?
- What are the opinions in the accident report?
One of the variables for the insurance company to consider is who your lawyer is. Proof of each damage claim must be presented, and the kind of proof you have will impact a case. Objective findings in medical tests help as does the testimony of treating physicians. Hiring an experienced Houston auto injury lawyer is an important step in making sure you have the best proof possible and getting the best settlement.
- Rear-end Crash Accidents
- Head-on Car Accidents
- Ride Share & Taxi Crashes
- Car Accidents Involving a Bus
- Car Accidents Involving a Motorcycle
- Car Accidents Involving a Semi Truck
- Car Accidents Involving a Drunk Driver
- Accident scene
- vehicle damage
- crash scene
In Texas, you can file a Driver’s Crash Report (CR-2) request online on the TxDOT website. If the other person is at fault, we recommend that you wait for the officer to arrive at the scene. Having the officer prepare the report is better than you filing a report online at a later time. A copy of the report can also be obtained through the Houston Police Department, and you can also check for incident updates here. While your online report will not be helpful to your injury claim, the police-prepared report may help.
Fill out the form to get your free checklist