Is the insurance company settlement offer for my car accident fair?Click for a Free Consultation
Is the insurance company settlement offer for my car accident fair?
The only way to answer the question about the fairness of an insurance company’s offer after an injury from a car accident is to go through the process outlined above regarding liability, damages, and insurance coverage.
Generally, if the injuries are objectively documented, such as broken bones, head injuries, or spinal cord injuries, you should always consult a leading car wreck lawyer before accepting an offer.
The more severe the injury, the more you will need the best Houston accident attorney you can get. If the damages are minor and your doctors are confident you will require no further treatment, you may still want to consult with an auto accident law firm.
What are the Factors in assessing damages?
One of the biggest factors in determining damages is how much insurance coverage is available to cover those damages. If there is inadequate insurance from all sources, the odds of justice being done or slim.
Texas requires a minimum liability coverage of $30,000 per person and $60,000 per crash. Also, many have underinsured motorist coverage which can stack on top of the negligent driver’s liability coverage to help you recover more compensation.
The treatment that you received that was attributable to the crash is used to evidence your injury. Objective findings such as those from an MRI or an X-ray can be powerful evidence in maximizing your damages. Alternatively, if your injuries are relatively minor and your treatment limited, the number of damages will be likely limited as well.
If the impact was significant, and photographs of the vehicle you were in show a major crash, that factor can impact the settlement value or verdict likelihood. However, if the property damage was minor, that fact can hurt your claim.
Who did you pick for your car accident lawyer? Look for substantial experience and a reputation of excellence went choosing your personal injury lawyer. The attorney you hire impacts the value of your case.
Learn Your Rights and Options with a Consultation Without Cost!
Call Baumgartner Law Firm for a no-obligation consultation with a car accident lawyer in Houston and learn your rights and options! (281) 587-1111
- What information should I have available for my consultation with a car accident lawyer?
- What should I do right after a car accident?
- How is a typical car accident investigation conducted?
- What damages are available for car accident injuries?
- Damages for a wrongful death car accident
- The most common causes of car accidents in Houston
- The most common types of car accidents in Houston
- Common Houston car wreck injuries
- Can I get medical treatment if I don’t have health insurance?
- What does it cost to hire the best lawyer for my Houston car accident?
- What is the statute of limitations in Texas?
- How much is the average car accident settlement?
- Is the insurance company settlement offer for my car accident fair?
- How long does a car accident lawsuit take in Houston?
- Rear End Car Accident Lawyer in Houston, TX
- How Do I Get Insurance Information in Texas After an Accident If the Other Driver Won’t Give It to Me?
- What is the average value of a semi-truck settlement?
- How to Negotiate a Car Accident Injury Claim Without a Lawyer
- How to Value Your Car When It’s a Total Loss
- Were You A Passenger During a Serious Car Accident?
- Car Accidents Attorney Houston Texas Baumgartner Law Firm
- Did Texting and Driving Hurt You?
- Why Should You Hire a Real Trial Lawyer?
- How to Get a Houston Accident Report
“I didn’t have a high opinion of attorneys until I met Greg Baumgartner. His sense of ethics and fairness is outstanding. If you need an advocate, someone to protect your rights and fight for you, I would recommend you turn to the Baumgartner Law Firm. You will not find a more honest, authentic group of people who have your best interests at heart.”