Important Information To ObtainClick for a Free Consultation
Passenger Claims and Car Accidents
Car Accidents Attorney Houston Texas Baumgartner Law Firm
Did Texting and Driving Hurt You?
Why Should You Hire a Real Trial Lawyer?
Important Information to Obtain After A Car Wreck
Documenting your accident to the extent you can is an important step in preserving your claim.
Information That should be obtained if you are able at the scene
- The other driver’s name address and telephone number
- The driver’s license number of the other person
- The license plate of the car that hit you
- The name address and telephone number of any witnesses
- Taking photographs of the resting place of the vehicles before they are moved
- Taking photographs of the damage to your vehicle and the vehicle that hit you
- Recording any statements by the other driver admitting fault.
Taking photographs and recording voice memos with your cell phone can obtain much of the information needed from the scene of an accident.
If you can get the other driver to give you a statement on your phone it will go a long way to prevent them from changing his or her story later on.
If you were seriously injured, you may not be able to obtain the necessary information as you’re being transported to the hospital. Do not worry, as the investigating authority will undoubtedly get the majority of the information for you. However, it is important that you ask the officer as soon as you can if they documented any witnesses and obtain the names and telephone numbers of such witnesses.
Police officers routinely do not record the witnesses ’ names even though they can provide very powerful evidence should the case go to trial. So if you can get any witness names and contact information. Taking a video statement on your cell phone is an easy way to get witness accounts for use later.