HOUSTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERClick for a Free Consultation
Passenger Claims and Car Accidents
Car Accidents Attorney Houston Texas Baumgartner Law Firm
Did Texting and Driving Hurt You?
Why Should You Hire a Real Trial Lawyer?
How is a typical car accident investigation conducted?
Some car wrecks are pretty straightforward, such as: rear-end collisions, one vehicle running a red light, a car failing to yield the right-of-way, or perhaps the other driver was drunk behind the wheel.
In recent years, car accident attorneys are discovering that distracted drivers are causing a larger percentage of car crashes. People who use their cell phones while behind the wheel do not have their eyes on the roadway. Instead, their eyes are on their phones. For serious accidents with severe injuries, if distracted driving is suspected, an investigation can include obtaining the negligent driver’s cell phone records. Getting the cell phone records is part of the discovery process during an injury lawsuit.
Other information from the scene can be necessary in some cases. Our Houston car accident attorneys are finding that security cameras capture many car crashes that otherwise would be in dispute. Likewise, dash cams are becoming increasingly prominent, particularly with commercial vehicles like 18-wheelers.
What an auto accident investigation can include
Documenting the crash site
. For appropriate cases, we will send an accident investigator to work with our personal injury lawyers to obtain information regarding the scene of the accident. Site inspections can include photographing or measuring skid marks, debris in the roadway, and other crucial, relevant evidence
Determining whether the crash was captured on security video
. We can look for video footage from the city of Houston or local Houston businesses
- Conducting recorded interviews Find witnesses to the collision when appropriate.
. People often rely upon the police officer to document the names addresses and observations of any witnesses to a car accident. However, in practice, this occurs much less frequently than one would suspect and usually only happens when concerning a wrongful death or a severe injury automobile accident. Our accident attorneys will seek to identify witnesses when appropriate.
- Research regarding the negligent driver. We’ll look for any prior criminal convictions, car accidents, and the results of any tickets or citations issued as a result of this accident.
- Determining whether other potential parties may share responsibility. For causing the personal injuries or the automobile collision itself.
Determining whether the other driver was “on the job”-at the time of the crash.
How insurance matters for car injury claims?
One factor that is always a consideration with any personal injury claim is the amount of insurance coverage available to satisfy a personal injury lawsuit judgment. In Texas, it is hard to collect a judgment not covered by insurance. Many car accident settlements are limited because of the amount of insurance.
If the other driver was working for a company at the time of the crash and was on the job, they may be covered with a commercial insurance policy. The presence of a business automobile insurance policy means that the policy limits will probably be much higher than the statutory minimum in Texas.
Likewise, if you were in an accident with a big rig, the minimum coverage requirements ensure much higher liability insurance to cover personal injury damage claims. At Baumgartner Law Firm, we always seek to discover all applicable insurance coverage.
Identifying all Insurance and Defendants
In some cases of catastrophic injury or wrongful death, there may be an evaluation of the vehicles themselves. These evaluations may give rise to a claim against an automobile manufacturing design defect. Product defects can include things like an airbag not deploying after a frontal impact, a recall of a defective car, or a fuel-fed fire caused by a design defect in the gas tank or gas delivery system.
Identifying potential defendants who may have liability after an accident is a big part of the job of our leading Houston car accident lawyers. Getting the most experienced and successful personal injury attorney is an excellent first step to protecting your financial future after a car accident. Here is how to research a personal injury attorney.
If you need to speak with an auto injury lawyer with decades of experience call us at Baumgartner Law Firm!
- What information should I have available for my consultation with a car accident lawyer?
- What should I do right after a car accident?
- How is a typical car accident investigation conducted?
- What damages are available for car accident injuries?
- Damages for a wrongful death car accident
- The most common causes of car accidents in Houston
- The most common types of car accidents in Houston
- Common Houston car wreck injuries
- Can I get medical treatment if I don’t have health insurance?
- What does it cost to hire the best lawyer for my Houston car accident?
- What is the statute of limitations in Texas?
- How much is the average car accident settlement?
- Is the insurance company settlement offer for my car accident fair?
- How long does a car accident lawsuit take in Houston?
- Rear End Car Accident Lawyer in Houston, TX
- How Do I Get Insurance Information in Texas After an Accident If the Other Driver Won’t Give It to Me?
- What is the average value of a semi-truck settlement?
- How to Negotiate a Car Accident Injury Claim Without a Lawyer
- How to Value Your Car When It’s a Total Loss
- Were You A Passenger During a Serious Car Accident?
- Car Accidents Attorney Houston Texas Baumgartner Law Firm
- Did Texting and Driving Hurt You?
- Why Should You Hire a Real Trial Lawyer?
“I didn’t have a high opinion of attorneys until I met Greg Baumgartner. His sense of ethics and fairness is outstanding. If you need an advocate, someone to protect your rights and fight for you, I would recommend you turn to the Baumgartner Law Firm. You will not find a more honest, authentic group of people who have your best interests at heart.”