An auto accident can change a person’s life forever. While some people may walk away from a collision with nothing more than scrapes and bruises, others are faced with catastrophic injuries that can prevent them from returning to work and may involve a lifetime of medical care.
If you were involved in a motor vehicle crash that was not your fault, you need to take action. An East Houston car accident lawyer from the Baumgartner Law Firm can help you navigate the insurance claims process.
During this challenging time, you need an experienced auto accident attorney in your corner to provide reliable legal advice and guidance, one with the skills and resources needed to help you receive maximum compensation for your losses.
Working with an Auto Accident Attorney that Has Your Best Interest at Heart
Baumgartner Lawyers are East Houston car accident lawyers
Many people are hesitant to contact an attorney after an auto accident in East Houston and decide to try handling the claims process on their own, but they quickly find that dealing with insurance companies is a losing battle.
Unfortunately, when you put off seeking legal counsel, this only means you’ll have to wait much longer for the compensation you need now. So, why are people so reluctant to contact an attorney from the get-go? In most cases, people are worried they’ll have to pay steep upfront legal costs, which is something they simply can’t manage if they’re out of work and struggling to make ends meet.
At the Baumgartner Law Firm, we work on a contingency fee basis. That means we don’t get paid unless you win. We also offer free, no-obligation consultations. You can meet one-on-one with a personal injury attorney at a consultation to discuss your accident, learn about your legal options, and have all of your questions answered. You have nothing to lose.
Even if you decide not to work with us, you will still leave our law firm knowing exactly what your options are and how to proceed. However, working with an experienced accident attorney comes with many benefits, all of which are focused on helping you recover the compensation you’re owed.
The Benefits of Working with a Leading East Houston Personal Injury Attorney from the Baumgartner Law Firm
Despite auto accidents happening every day, all over the country, a person never expects it to happen to them. When it does, it can impact every aspect of the injured party’s life, preventing them from working and leaving them struggling physically, emotionally, and financially.
When you work with a personal injury attorney, you’ll see the light at the end of the tunnel.
At Baumgartner Law Firm, our attorneys will:
Handle all Required Paperwork
Our attorneys will handle all of the necessary paperwork, ensuring it’s filled out correctly and filed on time.
Investigate Your Accident
This will include gathering evidence from the accident scene, photos of your injuries, obtaining your medical records, paystubs, witness statements, the accident report, and other valuable evidence that can prove the other driver was negligent.
We will work with experts to accurately value your claim and prove liability. Our firm commonly hires accident reconstructionists, life care planners, private investigators, medical professionals, economists, and other professionals that can provide expert testimony and valuable information.
Handle the Insurance Company
Our personal injury lawyers will also handle all interactions with the insurance company. This means, no more harassing phone calls pressuring you to accept their lowball settlement offer. We will also negotiate with the insurance company, to fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Be there to Guide You
We will provide reliable, experienced legal advice and guidance throughout the entire claims process, work tirelessly to build a strong case that proves liability, and protect your rights and your claim.
As you can see, our accident attorneys are experienced, skilled, and dedicated to helping every client receive the compensation they deserve and we accomplish that by using our skills, experience, and resources to get to the truth.
Economic Damages and Non-Economic Damages
The economic and non-economic damages an accident victim can pursue will depend on the circumstances of their accident.
In many cases, an injured party can pursue compensation for:
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
And other accident-related damages
Many factors can impact the settlement amount, such as:
- The type and severity of your injuries
- Your career
- Your age
- Whether you’ll be able to return to your job or forced to change careers
- If you unable to work at all due to life-changing injuries
- Whether you sustained permanent damage and your condition requires ongoing medical treatment for the foreseeable future
- The extent of vehicle damage
And many other variables.
An attorney will explore every avenue of compensation to ensure you receive the settlement you need to ease your financial burdens and allow you to focus on your recovery.
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
If you lost a loved one in an auto accident that was caused by a negligent driver, you may be entitled to compensation that can cover burial and funeral costs, loss of household income, medical bills, and more. In Texas, the spouse, children, or parents of the deceased party may be eligible to pursue compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit, if their loved one was tragically killed in an auto accident that was not their fault. To learn more, contact our law firm today to speak with an experienced wrongful death attorney.
Contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys to learn more.
Call For A Free Consultation
You May Face A Lot of Pressure from Insurance Companies to Settle for Less than You Deserve
You may have already spoken to an insurance company and quickly realized that you were facing a challenge. An insurance company is a business and it’s goal is to pay accident victims as little as possible.
Shortly after the accident, someone from the other driver’s insurance company will contact you and ask if they can take your recorded statement. While the insurance adjuster may seem sympathetic and helpful, they will do whatever it takes to get you to admit fault or say something that can harm your claim. During the conversation, they may even offer a settlement. Unfortunately, these settlement offers are made even before the insurance company knows the extent of your injuries and other damages. These fast settlements are never enough to cover the cost of an accident victim’s losses. Instead, these offers are made to get an accident victim to go away. If you do not accept their offer, a claims adjuster may become aggressive. They may even call you several times a day, pressuring you to accept their offer.
Download Your Free Houston Car Accident Checklist
We created this handy checklist to help accident victims when they need it most.
Print and keep a copy in your wallet or glovebox so you’ll know exactly what to do in the critical moments immediately following a car wreck.
Texas Car Accidents Facts: Did You Know?
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 1 person was killed every 2 hours 15 minutes and 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 34 seconds on Texas roadways in 2020. Here are a few other car accidents facts you need to know:
Contact Us Today
At the Baumgartner Law Firm, we offer free consultations. This allows you to meet one-on-one with an experienced personal injury lawyer and discuss your accident. At a consultation, you will have all of your questions answered, and receive reliable legal advice concerning how to proceed with your claim. We know how difficult and overwhelming life can be following a serious car accident, which is why it’s so important to take legal action as soon as possible. When you work with an attorney from the Baumgartner Law Firm, you can feel confident that your concerns will be addressed, and that your case is in the very best hands. Contact us today to get started.
Baumgartner Law Firm
6711 Cypress Creek Pkwy
Houston, TX 77069
- When you hire a lawyer for your car accident, you’re more likely to win and walk away with more money.
- With a car accident lawyer by your side, you’ll have someone to protect your rights and your claim when the negligent driver starts to blame you.
- A Southeast Houston auto accident attorney with experience knows how to conduct an in-depth investigation and will gather and analyze evidence to build the strongest case possible.
- You’ll have protection against the insurance company’s pressure to settle for less than you deserve. If an insurance company continues to pressure you, refer them to your lawyer.
- You can simply focus on your recovery and ensure you’ll have the resources to do it.
- You won’t have to deal directly with the insurance claims adjuster, your lawyer will handle all interactions, including phone calls, mail communication, and settlement negotiations.
- Car accident lawyers have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies. A car accident lawyer at our firm is familiar with the strategy secrets and tactics insurance companies will attempt to use to limit payout or deny a claim. A lawyer at our firm will not allow an insurance company to take advantage of you or intimidate you. A lawyer will know what your claim is worth and will not settle for less.
- Because a Southeast Houston car accident attorney will handle all communications with the insurance company, you won’t have to worry that you’ll do or say something that could harm your claim. A lawyer will guide you through this process and advise you on what to do and what not to do. For example, a lawyer will explain the importance of not posting anything about the injury or car accident on social media and explain the real possibility that the insurance company has hired someone to access your social media accounts, even if you have set your accounts to private. A lawyer will discourage you from posting anything that could harm your claim, such as photos of lifting a child or participating in physically demanding activities. An insurance company can use these posts and photos to prove you are not as injured from the car accident as you say you are.
A Southeast Houston lawyer will stand by your side throughout this complex legal process, guiding you every step of the way. The personal injury lawyers at our firm have built a reputation for fighting for our clients and ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve. Baumgartner Law Firm has recovered scores of 6- and 7-figure results, and all Texas car accident claims are handled on a contingency fee basis. We only get paid if you win!
- Texas law requires the officer to file a police report if someone is hurt or killed in a car wreck, or if there is more than $1,000 in property damage.
- Often you are in an accident and call the police, but after an hour they still haven’t arrived. This forces you to exchange information with the other driver and leave the accident scene. Officers not showing up timely to a crash site is a problem in Houston and across Harris County.
However, if an officer does not show up at the scene, a report will not be filed. In Texas, you may file a Driver’s Crash Report (CR-2) online on the TxDOT website.
- physical therapy
- medical treatment and care for the injured person
- medical equipment
- bodily injury
- recovery process
- medical specialist appointments and services
- on-going medical care and outpatient care
- ongoing expenses
- chiropractic treatment
Texas courts don’t use the multiplier method to calculate pain and suffering. However, insurance companies may use a variation of the method. The multiplier method first takes your medical bills, then multiplies the number by the factor and adds in proven lost wages. You may also be eligible for out-of-pocket costs and property damage – even if the insurance company tries to deny these claims or offer a lower amount than you deserve.
- How bad is the property damage? Was it a severe impact or a fender bender?
- What are the treating physicians saying about your diagnosis and prognosis?
- Was there any delay in receiving medical attention?
- What are the objective findings in medical testing?
- What were the circumstances surrounding the accident? Was drunk driving a factor?
- Was a commercial vehicle involved?
- Is long-term medical care necessary?
- What is the insurance coverage for the at-fault driver?
- Did you give a recorded statement?
- What are the opinions in the accident report?
One of the variables for the insurance company to consider is who your lawyer is. Proof of each damage claim must be presented, and the kind of proof you have will impact a case. Objective findings in medical tests help as does the testimony of treating physicians. Hiring an experienced Houston auto injury lawyer is an important step in making sure you have the best proof possible and getting the best settlement.
- Rear-end Crash Accidents
- Head-on Car Accidents
- Ride Share & Taxi Crashes
- Car Accidents Involving a Bus
- Car Accidents Involving a Motorcycle
- Car Accidents Involving a Semi Truck
- Car Accidents Involving a Drunk Driver
- Accident scene
- vehicle damage
- crash scene
In Texas, you can file a Driver’s Crash Report (CR-2) request online on the TxDOT website. If the other person is at fault, we recommend that you wait for the officer to arrive at the scene. Having the officer prepare the report is better than you filing a report online at a later time. A copy of the report can also be obtained through the Houston Police Department, and you can also check for incident updates here. While your online report will not be helpful to your injury claim, the police-prepared report may help.
Fill out the form to get your free checklist