An auto accident can cause disastrous losses, including catastrophic injuries, a totaled vehicle, and in the worst cases, loss of life. If you were severely injured or lost a loved one in a motor vehicle collision, you must speak with an experienced Downtown Houston car accident lawyer from the Baumgartner Law Firm.
As proud Texans, we have served the residents of Downtown Houston and the surrounding areas, for over 35 years. When disaster strikes and you don’t know where to turn, our attorneys will be there, to guide you through this complex process and protect your rights and your compensation claim.
You should not have to deal with the financial burden of ongoing medical bills and lost income from work, due to an accident that was caused by the negligence of another. An experienced lawyer from our firm will provide reliable legal counsel during this difficult time, guiding you through the accident injury claim process, and ensuring the negligent party is held accountable for the harm they have caused. Message an attorney here or
How Our Auto Accident Lawyers in Houston, Texas Can Help After a Collision
Baumgartner Lawyers are Downtown Houston car accident lawyers
After a motor vehicle accident in Harris County, you may feel overwhelmed by everything that has happened. One minute, you’re driving through downtown Houston, dealing with heavy traffic, and looking forward to getting home after a long day at the office, and in an instant, your entire life has changed. At Baumgartner Law Firm, we want to help you through this.
You Need Experienced Car Accident Lawyers in Your Corner
Even simple auto accident claims can be challenging to handle. However, if you sustained catastrophic injuries, you may be faced with an insurance company that will fight you every step of the way, refusing to offer fair compensation.
If you’re out of work and the medical bills continue to pile up, you and your family may suffer financially.
If you were injured in an accident that was caused by the negligence of another, you should never have to pay out of pocket for the medical care you need to get well. You must take action and file a personal injury claim as soon as possible.
At our personal injury law firm, our accident attorneys will help you pursue the compensation and justice you deserve.
We offer free, no-obligation consultations that allow you to meet with our attorneys to discuss your case and have all of your questions answered. A consultation also allows you to determine if we’ll be a good fit for you. If you decide to hire us, our attorneys will begin working on your case, right away, starting with an investigation.
Auto Accident Investigation
Investigating an auto accident can be a complex process, especially if you sustained catastrophic injuries. During an investigation, we will use all of our resources to build a strong case that will prove the other driver was negligent and should be held liable for your injuries.
Our team will gather evidence, such as:
Photos and Video
Our legal team will obtain photos of the accident scene, including photos of skid marks on the road, missing or obscured traffic signs, potholes, debris on the road, and anything else that we can identify that may have contributed to your accident. We will also obtain photos of your injuries and any video surveillance footage available.
If anyone witnessed your accident, we will contact them and obtain their statements.
Medical Records and Medical Bills
A personal injury attorney will meet with your treating physicians and obtain a copy of your medical records, hospital bills, and other medical billing statements.
We will also obtain documentation from each treating physician regarding your injuries, the care you require, and learn whether ongoing medical care is needed, and what your prognosis is.
Our personal injury law firm has the resources to hire experts that can help us build the strongest case possible. We often work with accident reconstructionists, private investigators, medical professionals, economists, and life care planners.
Other Documentation that Can Strengthen Your Claim
Other documentation we can obtain that can help your case includes:
- The negligent driver’s insurance policy information and driving record.
- Pay stubs from your employer can help us determine the damages to seek for lost wages from work, and other related damages, such as loss of earning capacity, if you are unable to return to your job or have to change jobs, due to the injuries you sustained.
- If evidence indicates the cause of the accident may have been distracted driving, we can obtain the other driver’s cell phone records to determine if they were using their phone at the time of the accident.
- If the negligent driver was arrested for drunk driving, we will obtain documentation regarding their arrest and breath and blood test results, which can help strengthen your legal claim and prove the other driver breached their duty of care and that breach resulted in the accident and your injuries.
- We will also get a copy of the official motor vehicle crash report or police report, which can include important information, such as how the accident occurred, which driver the responding police officer believed was at fault, a description of any injuries you sustained, statements made by the other driver, and anything that may have contributed to the accident, such as a traffic jam or inclement weather.
As you can see, our accident attorneys are experienced, skilled, and dedicated to helping every client receive the compensation they deserve and we accomplish that by using our skills, experience, and resources to get to the truth.
Economic Damages and Non-Economic Damages
The damages you’re entitled to will depend on the circumstance of your accident, but may include the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future medical bills
- Rehabilitation costs
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
Our auto accident attorneys will determine the damages you’re eligible to pursue during the investigation. They will explore every avenue of compensation to ensure you receive the settlement you need to cover the cost of medical care, physical therapy, vehicle replacement, lost wages, and other damages.
Personal injury claims can be very complicated, especially if multiple parties are involved. Our team of lawyers has extensive experience handling complex insurance claims and will work tirelessly to recover compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial losses.
Wrongful Death Claims
If you lost a loved one in an auto accident in Harris County, due to the negligence of another driver, you may be entitled to compensation. The spouse, parents, or child of a decedent can file a wrongful death lawsuit that can hold the at-fault driver responsible for damages, including funeral and burial costs, medical costs, loss of household income, mental distress, and more.
Contact our law firm today to schedule a free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys to learn more.
Call For A Free Consultation
You May Face A Lot of Pressure from Insurance Companies to Settle for Less than You Deserve
You may have already spoken to an insurance company and quickly realized that you were facing a challenge. An insurance company is a business and it’s goal is to pay accident victims as little as possible.
Shortly after the accident, someone from the other driver’s insurance company will contact you and ask if they can take your recorded statement. While the insurance adjuster may seem sympathetic and helpful, they will do whatever it takes to get you to admit fault or say something that can harm your claim. During the conversation, they may even offer a settlement. Unfortunately, these settlement offers are made even before the insurance company knows the extent of your injuries and other damages. These fast settlements are never enough to cover the cost of an accident victim’s losses. Instead, these offers are made to get an accident victim to go away. If you do not accept their offer, a claims adjuster may become aggressive. They may even call you several times a day, pressuring you to accept their offer.
Your Auto Accident Lawyers Can Help You Obtain the Justice and Compensation You Deserve
Once an insurance company is notified that you have hired a personal injury attorney from the Baumgartner Law Firm, things will change quickly. The harassing phone calls will stop. Our personal injury lawyers will take over all communication with the insurance company, giving you the peace and quiet you need to heal and focus on your recovery. Our goal is to make this legal process as low-stress as possible for you as we fight for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Experienced Car Accident Lawyers With Trial Experience
The negotiation process itself can be very time consuming and will involve our attorneys making an offer and the insurance company making a counteroffer. Negotiations can go on for several months or even years. In the end, if the insurance company refuses to offer a fair accident settlement, we will meet with you to discuss your other legal option. If you agree, we will file a personal injury lawsuit and present your case before a judge and jury. As we prepare for trial, we will continue to negotiate with the insurance company.
Often, once a lawsuit is filed, an insurance company is more willing to negotiate a fair settlement. Most cases are settled out of court. However, if we do go to trial, you can feel confident that your case will be handled by skilled and experienced trial attorneys who will not back down until you receive the award you’re owed.
Download Your Free Houston Car Accident Checklist
We created this handy checklist to help accident victims when they need it most.
Print and keep a copy in your wallet or glovebox so you’ll know exactly what to do in the critical moments immediately following a car wreck.
Texas Car Accidents Facts: Did You Know?
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 1 person was killed every 2 hours 15 minutes and 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 34 seconds on Texas roadways in 2020. Here are a few other car accidents facts you need to know:
Schedule a Free, No-Obligation Consultation with a Leading Downtown Houston Car Accident Lawyer | Baumgartner Law Firm
At the Baumgartner Law Firm, we offer free, no-obligation consultations. You can schedule a free consultation and meet with one of our attorneys to go over the facts of your case and learn about your legal rights and options. If you decide to hire us, our attorneys can start an investigation right away and begin building a solid case that will prove liability and help you receive the compensation you’re owed for all of your losses.
Baumgartner Law Firm
6711 Cypress Creek Pkwy
Houston, TX 77069
- When you hire a lawyer for your car accident, you’re more likely to win and walk away with more money.
- With a car accident lawyer by your side, you’ll have someone to protect your rights and your claim when the negligent driver starts to blame you.
- A Southeast Houston auto accident attorney with experience knows how to conduct an in-depth investigation and will gather and analyze evidence to build the strongest case possible.
- You’ll have protection against the insurance company’s pressure to settle for less than you deserve. If an insurance company continues to pressure you, refer them to your lawyer.
- You can simply focus on your recovery and ensure you’ll have the resources to do it.
- You won’t have to deal directly with the insurance claims adjuster, your lawyer will handle all interactions, including phone calls, mail communication, and settlement negotiations.
- Car accident lawyers have extensive experience negotiating with insurance companies. A car accident lawyer at our firm is familiar with the strategy secrets and tactics insurance companies will attempt to use to limit payout or deny a claim. A lawyer at our firm will not allow an insurance company to take advantage of you or intimidate you. A lawyer will know what your claim is worth and will not settle for less.
- Because a Southeast Houston car accident attorney will handle all communications with the insurance company, you won’t have to worry that you’ll do or say something that could harm your claim. A lawyer will guide you through this process and advise you on what to do and what not to do. For example, a lawyer will explain the importance of not posting anything about the injury or car accident on social media and explain the real possibility that the insurance company has hired someone to access your social media accounts, even if you have set your accounts to private. A lawyer will discourage you from posting anything that could harm your claim, such as photos of lifting a child or participating in physically demanding activities. An insurance company can use these posts and photos to prove you are not as injured from the car accident as you say you are.
A Southeast Houston lawyer will stand by your side throughout this complex legal process, guiding you every step of the way. The personal injury lawyers at our firm have built a reputation for fighting for our clients and ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve. Baumgartner Law Firm has recovered scores of 6- and 7-figure results, and all Texas car accident claims are handled on a contingency fee basis. We only get paid if you win!
- Texas law requires the officer to file a police report if someone is hurt or killed in a car wreck, or if there is more than $1,000 in property damage.
- Often you are in an accident and call the police, but after an hour they still haven’t arrived. This forces you to exchange information with the other driver and leave the accident scene. Officers not showing up timely to a crash site is a problem in Houston and across Harris County.
However, if an officer does not show up at the scene, a report will not be filed. In Texas, you may file a Driver’s Crash Report (CR-2) online on the TxDOT website.
- physical therapy
- medical treatment and care for the injured person
- medical equipment
- bodily injury
- recovery process
- medical specialist appointments and services
- on-going medical care and outpatient care
- ongoing expenses
- chiropractic treatment
Texas courts don’t use the multiplier method to calculate pain and suffering. However, insurance companies may use a variation of the method. The multiplier method first takes your medical bills, then multiplies the number by the factor and adds in proven lost wages. You may also be eligible for out-of-pocket costs and property damage – even if the insurance company tries to deny these claims or offer a lower amount than you deserve.
- How bad is the property damage? Was it a severe impact or a fender bender?
- What are the treating physicians saying about your diagnosis and prognosis?
- Was there any delay in receiving medical attention?
- What are the objective findings in medical testing?
- What were the circumstances surrounding the accident? Was drunk driving a factor?
- Was a commercial vehicle involved?
- Is long-term medical care necessary?
- What is the insurance coverage for the at-fault driver?
- Did you give a recorded statement?
- What are the opinions in the accident report?
One of the variables for the insurance company to consider is who your lawyer is. Proof of each damage claim must be presented, and the kind of proof you have will impact a case. Objective findings in medical tests help as does the testimony of treating physicians. Hiring an experienced Houston auto injury lawyer is an important step in making sure you have the best proof possible and getting the best settlement.
- Rear-end Crash Accidents
- Head-on Car Accidents
- Ride Share & Taxi Crashes
- Car Accidents Involving a Bus
- Car Accidents Involving a Motorcycle
- Car Accidents Involving a Semi Truck
- Car Accidents Involving a Drunk Driver
- Accident scene
- vehicle damage
- crash scene
In Texas, you can file a Driver’s Crash Report (CR-2) request online on the TxDOT website. If the other person is at fault, we recommend that you wait for the officer to arrive at the scene. Having the officer prepare the report is better than you filing a report online at a later time. A copy of the report can also be obtained through the Houston Police Department, and you can also check for incident updates here. While your online report will not be helpful to your injury claim, the police-prepared report may help.
Fill out the form to get your free checklist