HOUSTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERClick for a Free Consultation
Damages for a wrongful death car accident
Houston has some of the deadliest roads in the country. Wrongful death damages are different from those involving injury because damages are determined from the standpoint of the surviving family member’s loss of the loved one. Loss of love and affection, care and support, mental anguish, and related damages are based upon the relationship between the deceased and their family members
In Texas, wrongful death car accident lawsuits can be brought by immediate family members who are a spouse, a child, or a parent of the deceased. We know no amount of money can replace a loved one. We have been helping families protect their financial futures by bringing multimillion-dollar wrongful death lawsuits for over 35 years. Please check out our recent results by clicking here.
According to the National Center for statistics and analysis of the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration, Texas suffered over 3,500 fatalities in traffic accidents in one year alone. Of the number of wrongful death accidents, over 1,300 or roughly 40% of the fatal accidents involved alcohol. Drunk drivers contributed to almost 1,500 of the deadly crashes in Texas in one year alone. The second highest cause was speeding, followed by collisions with semi-trucks or 18-wheelers
If the decedent survives the crash, the estate may bring a lawsuit through a family member for a survival cause of action. In Texas, a survival claim is owned by the estate of the deceased. It is brought as though the deceased had lived for the personal injury damages they suffered before passing. Survival damages would include medical bills, pain, and suffering, mental anguish, incapacity, disfigurement and funeral expenses.
- What information should I have available for my consultation with a car accident lawyer?
- What should I do right after a car accident?
- How is a typical car accident investigation conducted?
- What damages are available for car accident injuries?
- Damages for a wrongful death car accident
- The most common causes of car accidents in Houston
- The most common types of car accidents in Houston
- Common Houston car wreck injuries
- Can I get medical treatment if I don’t have health insurance?
- What does it cost to hire the best lawyer for my Houston car accident?
- What is the statute of limitations in Texas?
- How much is the average car accident settlement?
- Is the insurance company settlement offer for my car accident fair?
- How long does a car accident lawsuit take in Houston?
- Rear End Car Accident Lawyer in Houston, TX
- How Do I Get Insurance Information in Texas After an Accident If the Other Driver Won’t Give It to Me?
- What is the average value of a semi-truck settlement?
- How to Negotiate a Car Accident Injury Claim Without a Lawyer
- Value Your Car When It’s Totaled
- How to Value Your Car When It’s a Total Loss
- Were You A Passenger During a Serious Car Accident?
- Car Accidents Attorney Houston Texas Baumgartner Law Firm
- Did Texting and Driving Hurt You?
- Why Should You Hire a Real Trial Lawyer?
“I didn’t have a high opinion of attorneys until I met Greg Baumgartner. His sense of ethics and fairness is outstanding. If you need an advocate, someone to protect your rights and fight for you, I would recommend you turn to the Baumgartner Law Firm. You will not find a more honest, authentic group of people who have your best interests at heart.”