HOUSTON CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERClick for a Free Consultation
Can I get medical treatment if I don’t have health insurance?
Yes, if we accept your auto injury case, we can help you get necessary medical care.
There is no doubt about it; getting necessary medical care in Houston is an expensive proposition. A single trip to the emergency room with a few X-rays can quickly run into the thousands of dollars. Ongoing treatment adds up quickly, as medical providers are not cheap. Just the ambulance ride alone can be over $1,000. If the injuries are extensive, the medical bills can add up even more and become overwhelming. Unfortunately, the financial burden of medical bills hits at the same time that the injured person is unable to work — compounding the financial strain on them and their family after an accident. Pain and suffering can linger without prompt medical treatment
One of the most important things you can do after an accident is to get your injuries treated and appropriately diagnosed. One mistake that car accident attorneys in Houston see on an ongoing basis is the individual who tries to “tough it out” and not go to the doctor when they need to. Not only can this prolong their recovery time, but it can also hurt their personal injury claim. Insurance adjusters and insurance companies always take exception to gaps in treatment. This is true whether the lapses happen between the accident and your first check-up, or between your initial diagnosis and follow-up treatments.
If the gap in seeking medical treatment or in between medical treatments is sufficiently large, it makes your car crash personal injury case much more difficult. Ultimately, it is up to a medical professional, typically a doctor, to testify that the accident caused the injuries. If there is a large gap between the time of the collision and the first medical diagnosis, it becomes difficult for a doctor to provide that necessary testimony
For those who do not have health insurance, the burden of medical bills when it is difficult or impossible to work can be overwhelming. At the Baumgartner Law Firm, if we accept your case, we will work with you or your health insurance company to help you get the treatment you require for injuries sustained in a car wreck.
If you have no health insurance, contact us to discuss your options for receiving medical treatment without having to pay upfront out of your pocket. We are happy to help.
- What information should I have available for my consultation with a car accident lawyer?
- What should I do right after a car accident?
- How is a typical car accident investigation conducted?
- What damages are available for car accident injuries?
- Damages for a wrongful death car accident
- The most common causes of car accidents in Houston
- The most common types of car accidents in Houston
- Common Houston car wreck injuries
- Can I get medical treatment if I don’t have health insurance?
- What does it cost to hire the best lawyer for my Houston car accident?
- What is the statute of limitations in Texas?
- How much is the average car accident settlement?
- Is the insurance company settlement offer for my car accident fair?
- How long does a car accident lawsuit take in Houston?
- Rear End Car Accident Lawyer in Houston, TX
- How Do I Get Insurance Information in Texas After an Accident If the Other Driver Won’t Give It to Me?
- What is the average value of a semi-truck settlement?
- How to Negotiate a Car Accident Injury Claim Without a Lawyer
- Value Your Car When It’s Totaled
- How to Value Your Car When It’s a Total Loss
- Were You A Passenger During a Serious Car Accident?
- Car Accidents Attorney Houston Texas Baumgartner Law Firm
- Did Texting and Driving Hurt You?
- Why Should You Hire a Real Trial Lawyer?
“I didn’t have a high opinion of attorneys until I met Greg Baumgartner. His sense of ethics and fairness is outstanding. If you need an advocate, someone to protect your rights and fight for you, I would recommend you turn to the Baumgartner Law Firm. You will not find a more honest, authentic group of people who have your best interests at heart.”