Texas is known for its abundance of outdoor recreational activities. Between hunting, camping, fishing, and ranch activities, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) are a big part of outdoor enjoyment. Nevertheless, many very serious injuries occur in all-terrain vehicle accidents, and each year, over 111,000 Americans are injured or killed in a crash involving an ATV.
ATV Accident Cases Require an Experienced Attorney
Many of the victims are children who are not physically or mentally prepared to safely operate the vehicles. If your loved one has been injured in an ATV accident in Texas, obtaining a qualified and experienced reputation as early as possible can be an important first step.
Generally, the more serious the injury, the more important your choice of a Texas personal injury attorney to represent you becomes. Understanding your rights and options after an ATV accident can come from a consultation with a reputable and experienced Houston ATV accident lawyer.
What is an ATV or a UTV?
The most common ATV is a 4-wheeler, also known as a quad bike, that recreationists and ranchers use across the state. Some ATVs are used for racing, and most are either work vehicles or aid to hunters. These vehicles can weigh over 500 pounds and some can approach 60 miles per hour. Side-by-side vehicles or UTVs, are used for recreation and work activities and can also be involved in many injury accidents.
Manufacturers such as Polaris Honda Can-Am, Kawasaki John Deere Kubota Arctic Cat, And others make ATVs or UTVs. A UTV is usually a side-by-side seating arrangement and can have 4 seats or even greater capacity models. Often called Mules or a UTV. Some are slow and steady, and some are very fast. Even with the state-of-the-art safety features, injury is likely in a serious crash due to the lack of protection afforded in passenger cars.
The injuries that can occur with a UTV or an ATV crash can be as diverse as those found in car accidents. However, because of the lack of protection, particularly with 4 Wheelers, head or brain injury is especially common.
Our Houston ATV accident lawyer will help you with all types of crashes.
Who May Be Liable for an ATV Wreck?
How an accident happens requires a close examination of the factual circumstances for each case. In effect, accident victims should ask the simple question Who did something wrong? From experience, we know that there are three main types of defendants in ATV or UTV crashes.
- The operator of the vehicle – they have been operating the vehicle negligently or recklessly and were the cause or a cause of the crash.
- The owner can, in some cases, be held legally responsible for an ATV or UTV wreck if they let underage or inexperienced drivers operate the vehicle or were otherwise negligent.
- A manufacturer may, in some cases, be held accountable for a dangerous design when safer alternative designs are feasible.
Recommendations for ATV Safety
Several authorities recommend the following for ATV safety:
* Always wear a helmet, long pants, and boots
* Never ride on paved roads, except to cross roadways when it can be done safely and permitted by law. – ATVs are designed to be driven off the highway
* Never carry a passenger on a single-user ATV and no more than one other passenger on a two-person ATV
* Use an ATV that is appropriate for your age.
* Supervise riders younger than 16
* Take an ATV safety course and require all those driving to do the same.
Children under 16 should not be riding on adult-size ATVs.
Potential Causes and Types of ATV Accidents-
- Alcohol Use
- Crashes Caused By Inexperienced Or Under-Aged Drivers
- Wrecks Caused By Driving Aggressively On Unknown Terrain
- Negligent Operation Poor Or No Training Or Underage
- Negligent Entrustment
The Importance of Selecting an Experienced ATV Accident Lawyer
Usually, the injuries suffered in an ATV or UTV accident are severe. Unlike an automobile accident, the injured are often children or young teenagers who were completely unaware of the dangers of these vehicles.
Vehicle manufacturers and others suggest training and limitations on the age of persons who can use any recreational vehicle. If you have been injured in a 4-wheeler accident, call the experienced ATV lawyers at Baumgartner Law Firm- at (281) 587-1111.
Contact A Houston ATV Accident Attorney
Sometimes the crash must be reconstructed, and the earlier the victims retain counsel, the better. Always preserve the vehicle itself even if it is totaled in the crash.
Other Types of Cases Our Houston Personal Injury Lawyers Focus on:
- CAR ACCIDENT LAWYER IN HOUSTON
- TRUCK ACCIDENT LAWYER IN HOUSTON
- WRONGFUL DEATH LAWYER IN HOUSTON
- MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER IN HOUSTON
- DAYCARE INJURY LAWYER IN HOUSTON
- CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT LAWYER IN HOUSTON
- HOUSTON BOAT ACCIDENT LAWYER
- HOUSTON BRAIN INJURY LAWYER
- HOUSTON BURN INJURY LAWYER
- HOUSTON BUS ACCIDENT LAWYER
- HOUSTON CARBON MONOXIDE LAWYER
- HOUSTON CATASTROPHIC INJURY ATTORNEY
- HOUSTON DRAM SHOP LIABILITY LAWYERS
- HOUSTON DROWNING ACCIDENT ATTORNEY
- HOUSTON DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENT LAWYER
- HOUSTON PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER
- HOUSTON PRODUCT LIABILITY LAWYER
- HOUSTON PUNITIVE DAMAGES LAWYER
- LYFT ACCIDENT LAWYER IN HOUSTON
- UBER ACCIDENT LAWYER IN HOUSTON
- HOUSTON WORK INJURY LAWYER