Every year, more than 500,000 tractor-trailer wrecks occur in the United States. For thousands of people, such accidents are fatal.
Driving an 18-wheeler is a tough job that requires sharp attention, extensive driving experience, and top-notch ability to react. Even though tractor-trailer drivers receive special training, accidents still happen.
Semi-trucks often weight over 10,000 pounds so injuries people sustain in crashes are more severe than in regular car accidents. About 20% of these accidents are caused by truck drivers. The rest is usually the car drivers’ fault.
The behavior exhibited by other drivers can also become the reason for tractor-trailer wrecks. Such actions include:
- Driving in zero-visibility zones
- Abrupt lane changes in front of the 18-wheeler
- Making a left turn in front of the big rig
- Failing to keep a distance
- Failing to give the truck space for changing lanes or merging
- Unsafe passing
- Entering the traffic in front of the truck without maintaining a proper speed
- Driving between large trucks
Contact A HoustonTractor-Trailer
Driving a large and heavy vehicle requires extra attention and special training. A lack of a consistently serious approach makes tractor-trailer wrecks unavoidable.
To Speak with a top-rated truck accident lawyer in Texas call us at 281-587-1111!