Do’s and Don’ts of Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
Written by Greg on January 26, 2017
How to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney
- Research the attorney who will actually do the work on your case.
- Look to peer reviewed ratings like Lawyers.com or Martindale.com.
- Read client reviews and consider messaging the reviewers for more information.
- Look to the Better Business Bureau and State Bar information sites.
- Insure the attorney you are considering has the kind of experience you need for this case.
- Look to the track record in your kind of case for relevant results.
- Interview several attorneys.
- Ask tough questions.
- Read any contract regarding representation word by word before signing.
- Only hire the attorney if you are comfortable and have done your homework. Click here to read about how to find a personal injury attorney
What Not to Do- Don’t
- Rely on non-peer-reviewed important sounding awards.
- Hire an attorney without substantial winning experience with the specific type of case you have.
- Hire an attorney and get palmed off to an associate- ask who will do the work on your case, take the depositions, handle negotiations etc.; If the partner, gives you an unclear answer- like they will be supervising your case- you will end up with the inexperienced associate.
- Ever hire an attorney who approaches you- case running is illegal and unethical and this is not the lawyer for you.
- Accept the recommendation of friends without also investigating the attorney yourself.
- Believe that bigger is better in firm size. It is which attorney in the firm that does the actual work that counts.
- Hire an attorney you have not researched and are comfortable with.
- Hire a TV lawyer- they are high volume and that is never good for personal service or results.
The More Serious Your Injury the More the Lawyer Matters
Call for a FREE Consultation
Click Here to request a free consultation or Call (281) 587-1111
Please visit our website at https://baumgartnerlawyers.com